Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hotel Royal @ Queens, Swee Choon & Wimbly lu

Actually I wanted to eat the queen street's outlet food for thought but it only opens at 9am. I was already hungry when we reached at 8am++ so we headed nearby for a random breakfast.

We settled for Hotel Royal @ Queens breakfast! There's breakfast buffet but the food looks very typical singaporean standard breakfast - beehoon, toast, eggs, hotdogs, porridge etc so we didn't opt for that. We just had the simplest version since we only needed to fill our stomach.

It was still early so we went to Dempsey for a walk. I love this shot!

I look like I'm lost in the woods

We then headed over to top curls @ thomson plaza for my haircut and got mummy ritz strudels since she loves the strawberry one. I'm so filial!

I random suggested Swee Choon for dinner and boy said ok! Wheeeeee!

Lots of dim sum to choose from.

I love the xiao long bao max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall dim sum experience: 8.5/10. I prefer red star restaurant dim sum. A cheap and fast one would be forum seafood $8.80 dim sum set lunch.

Sadly, the dim sum I tasted at Swee Choon wasn't very hot. The overall feel was a very homely cooked dim sum. Cheap and can order a variety to share.

We ended our night with some sweet cinnamon and salted caramel ice creams @ 15-2 Jalan Riang. Unique homemade ice cream tastes altho they melted a bit too easily..

Good food, even better company.

No comments: