Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wild Honey

So here I'm, finally, finally, finally, yes finally I visited the always seemingly populated all day breakfast Wild Honey @ Mandarin Gallery. What's so good about it? Trend ah?

Location: 333A Orchard Road, #03-02 Mandarin Gallery, Singapore

Initially, I was quite surprised when one of the staffs went "Mdm, no photography for our menus." Wah I never go before a popular dining place that tells me no photography yet leh... wild honey, you're the first.

One picture menu is available on an iPad at the counter, otherwise just read off their boards written in colourful chalks. No tangible menus for you to flip and be choosy about. Choose at the counter, pay and wait for your food to be served. Wah... like so authoritative. Note: the 10% service charge still applies.

Luckily my seat's view not bad... still managed to capture the general feel of the breakfast/brunch restaurant. Sofa seat for me! "Wild honey, no place like home." Okay lah....... quite homely with the sofas around.

Boy's "TUNISIAN" signature, $18. He's a bread lover and the crispy yet soft bread could easily satisfy him. Spicy sizzling pan of tomato stew with pork saussage, eggs and toast. 7.5/10! With reference to its name, you can see he's really a bit "SIAN" ah...... because he kept eyeing on my "EUROPEAN" signature.

It does look appetising, doesn't it? My "EUROPEAN" signature, $18. The very popular eggs benedict, eggs, mushroom, bacon. 9.5/10! The whole dish just melted in my mouth. Very good combination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The eggs were splendid. SPLENDID. Creamy and thick. Mushrooms were enough altho I don't mind more, bacon wasn't too salty, toast was a bit thick but generally okay for me. Thumbs up!

I love breakfasts! My favourite was Riders Cafe!

Hatched and baker&cook also not bad! :)

No comments: