Saturday, May 5, 2012

Red Star Restaurant, Charly T's, Strictly Pancakes, Fullhouse.

Red Star Restaurant 红星酒家
Location: Blk 54 Chin Swee Road, #07-23
Daily: 7am–3pm, 6pm–11pm

The staff will push a trolley of dim sum around the restaurant. If you like any, they'll place it on your table and you'll get a "chop" for the dim sum. So cute!

We love the scallop rice roll! It's hot and slippery. MUST TRY.

Siew mai - very unlike normal market dim sum ones, I like.
Ha kau - the skin's too thick, I don't like.
Shark's fins dumplings - quite normal meaty.

One of the coldest and best-est durian pancakes! MUST TRY. 5/5. I like durian puffs too! The egg tarts were a bit sweet for me.

Overall red star dim sum experience: 9/10! We spent around $35 for 2. For a cheaper deal, there's one at forum seafood - $8.80 dim sum set lunch.

Stopped by Charly T's (Nomu Building) @ 20 Handy Road, Level 1 for their homemade ice cream sandwich (made with CT's cookies), one of their chef's recommendations. I love chewing the raisins in the cookies! Very chewy. The cookie itself and the vanilla ice cream tasted normal, so my overall happiness level was 3.5/5.

My happiness level UPz when I found my old love! Neoprints! Wheeeeeeeeeeee! Notice the bouquet of hello kitty I held in my hand? Happiness level UPz UPz!!

We had Strictly Pancakes @ 44A Prinsep Street for our very late lunch. (cos I spent too much time decorating the neoprints we had earlier =P)

4.5/5! Thick and soft pancakes. I always choose the garlic and herbs dressing cos I find that it goes so well with the pancakes. Maybe I was so famished that it seemed tastier than the pancakes @ riders cafe.

We popped by this colourful place.
Fullhouse Cafe (Rendezvous Gallery)
Location: 9 Bras Basah Road, #02-04 Rendezvous Hotel Gallery
Mon–Sun: 11.30am–3pm, 5.30pm–9.30pm

Exterior looks good ya? Many thanks to the friendly staff who allowed us to snap a few shots tho we didn't dine there :x

Unlike wild honey, I'm not allowed to take pics of the menus even tho I was dining there. Like WHAT?

We also made a trip to Rochor Original Beancurd @ 2 Short Street. I didn't like it anymore! Now the only beancurd I want is lao ban.

Oh yes! Finally my new hello kitty iphone 4s clothes arrived in my hands today :D

And my hint hint bouquet of hello kitty for our 1.5 years of sweet sweet love. :) LOVE IT TTM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's an addition to my hello kitty family~

Happy oh!

2 comments:

Mac said...

Many people choose great dining restaurants for a special occasion, so the food must not disappoint- in either selection or quality. You don’t need to feature a huge menu, but it should be interesting, offering unique items that patrons wouldn’t find at any other restaurant.


Boston dining deals

boulevardsg said...

Red star restaurant is very good. You can know all about it
Best Bars In Singapore