Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Doraemon, Kway Chap, Baker's Creations

The joy of teaching tuition even tho it's labour day. Thank you kid for the doraemon drawing for me!

Kway Chap. We were famished and ordered a huge plate of duck and chicken. Very delicious sauce and meaty combo, along with a big hot bowl of soft kway. UPz and filling brunch/lunch from a neighbourhood area. 8/10.

Baker's Creations.
Location: Blk 807 Yishun Ring Road, #01-4209 Singapore
Call + 65 6363 0123 in case you can't find it. It's a very small shop amongst the stretch of neighbourhood shops, so you might miss it easily like how I did. It looks a bit run down too.

I happened to be in the vicinity so I popped by to check it out. I wanted to try the apple pies but they were sold out. I didn't want to order and collect the next day because I don't live a walking distance from Baker's Creations. I gave it a miss. Since I was already there, I randomly bought a chocolate thingy for $1.30, which I don't know its name cos there's neither labels on it nor any in the shop. There's no chocolate taste at all. It's just a very sweet sticky food which looks presentable but highly disappointing to me. Can someone enlighten me what's that?! Like some sweet mooncake chocolate colour paste. =/

I wanted to buy a slice of the carrot cake because it looks good. Sadly, the staff told me there's no sliced one left so they won't cut the whole cake up unless I wanted to buy more. What?! I naturally asked how many do I need to buy and she just questioned me back how many am I planning to buy? Hey girl, it's my first visit, I wanted a slice, you said no. Now, I asked how many should I buy and you asked me back how many I wanna buy? Oh my! Sigh. I wish you could be more flexible. You could have earned my $3.80 and satisfied me if I could just get hold of one slice of the carrot cake. So disappointed.

I must have really come at the wrong-est timing or met an inflexible staff who just refused to sell me that one slice of $3.80 carrot cake. So disappointed.

I won't be back unless I happened to walk past the shop and if there's apple pies or SLICED carrot cakes I'm still willing to try. Sigh! But chances are, I won't walk past the shop at all since I ain't living in the vicinity remember?

No fate with Baker's Creations.

Thankfully, my day was cheered up with a sneak preview of my birthday gift due to me in about two months time. Can't wait to see the completed version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the sweetest gestures.

Can you spot dale at the right side?!

No comments: