Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy 47th Birthday Singapore!

"Sights and sounds, special tastes that add up to this place." was a line that kept playing in my mind for the past few days. It's National Day today! Happy 47th Birthday Singapore!

I had a surprise trip to Straits Vista for a mini home style buffet. The hosts were so damn warm and awesome that I felt bad leaving early. Haha.

Anyway, here's my dinner spread with my family ^^



Appetising right?

Fried pork belly $8 - So so, chewy and crispy when it's hot. 6/10

Pumpkin prawns $15 - MUST TRY. I'm a pumpkin lover and the rich pumpkin paste sent me to cloud 9. I'm not exaggerating; it's the only dish that's rated 5 stars on the chef's recommendations too. I actually just needed this pumpkin paste + rice and I could be satisfied for my meal already. 9/10

Fish steamboat $22 - Recommended on Sizzling Woks. We found it a bit salty. Luckily, the staff was helpful and added soup/water/both and the whole soup tasted so much better! 7.5/10

Salad you tiao $8 - Looks so good! It's super crispy and flavourful. A bit oily but still a good appetiser. 8/10



We were given free jellies as desserts too. See, coffee shops do serve tasty and much affordable food too! Overall satisfaction: 8/10. We will be back.



Lian Soon Huat Seafood
Location: 417 Yishun Ave 11 #01-1351
Opens from 4.30pm to 12 midnight

XOXO

No comments: