Saturday, August 4, 2012

Canopy Bar, Pietro Ristorante Italiano, Dessert Bowl

Canopy bar is located at Bishan Park. It's one of the places where I would visit for brunch or high tea. It's also a peaceful neighbourhood dining area for those lucky residents who live nearby.


The interior is pretty small. I liked their warm lightings, soft music and the general cozy feel.


The exterior is surrounded by greenery.


I was there at 3pm ++ (tea break time for me!) so they were serving the brunch menu (till 5pm).


Eggs royale - soft poached eggs on english muffins with smoked salmon, salad and hollandaise sauce, $13. Slightly buttery. Anything with salmon would taste good to me. I wished they were more generous with the salmon....... the portion wouldn't be filling at all if you're famished. 8.5/10. I don't mind eating it again!


Boy & I then left for our dinner at Pietro Ristorante Italiano @ 12 Jalan Kelulut (off Yio Chu Kang Road). I'm impressed by the chim and classy name; I'm impressed by the food; and I'm impressed by the chef.


There're so many chim words in the menu + no pictures so I took some time to "gei kiang" and try to decipher and imagine the meanings. Sua ku me. :P


I was attracted by the "Limited Portions" so I decided to order something from Chef's Special and something signature from the menu. It's like trying the best of both worlds, haha!


There're photographs and artistic paintings on the walls too.


Yay free hot bread as starters!


The Chef's Special baby pork ribs, $24. I don't know why but it gave me a strong grandmotherly feel when I tasted it. The whole dish just felt very homely and motherly, like it's being prepared after many years of cultivation. The ribs were soft, the wedges were normal and the sauce was good. I rate the overall combination 8/10!


Now guess what's inside the sweet wrapper?


It's a signature seafood linguine, recommended by one of the cute staff who served us. Piping hot and loaded with seafood! 8.5/10! Tasty; we gobbled it up quickly.


Let me end this post with this colourful wall! Oh yes, I was impressed by the friendly fatherly chef. Know why? We were the first customers for the night and were warmly greeted by him at the door; He asked whether we ordered food already after we settled down for a while; He even waved us goodbye when we left! It felt like we know one another. So friendly please! I'll be back!


We ended our night @ dessert bowl @ serangoon. I'll post about that tomorrow! :)

No comments: