Monday, July 2, 2012

The Best of Singapore Zoo



Hi people! Did you know that I've always wanted to visit the zoo because there's complimentary tickets for all birthday boys and girls of all ages?! I finally spent my fruitful birthday this 2012 at the zoo! Fyeah! It brought back awesome childhood memories with my family. It's great to feel like a kid on an excursion.



My overall experience from the zoo trip was I felt like I was in a jungle trail, constantly walking about to look out for animals. You know sometimes the animal just camouflage itself amongst those trees, branches, etc and I spent most of the time asking my family, "Where ah? Where the animal?" I saw lots of reptiles and different versions of monkeys. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... yes I saw kangaroo, rhino, hippo, crocodile, goat, zebra, rabbit, tortoise, fishes, ducks, birds, butterflies, flying foxes and some common animals so I shall skip those.

Let me bring you through just the best of what I've seen in the zoo, especially those animals that I rarely or have never seen in my life unless I visit the zoo.



The one and only white tiger pacing up and down in the zoo. It looked so hungry but it's really pretty!



I've seen a lot of this face creature in the zoo. Ew!



In fact, I've been frantically searching for animals amongst the trees and branches. This was one of my fav finds! Such a nice colour right?



Cassowary, an omnivore and a very large bird.



Can you spot the animal? I got a little freaked out when I saw it. LOL.



Let me pause to check... I hope you're satisfied with the animals you can see in the zoo so far!



Sun Wu Kong!!!!!!!!!



Sea Lion's best flip shot!



Training the elephant to draw... the way it held the pencil is so cute right?



Notice the monkey eating the banana?!



A creature that looks like a snake head + crocodile body.



*Take a break* Let's talk about food! Being the birthday girl, we headed to Ah Meng Restaurant for my free scoop of ice cream + 10% discount for all F&B. Yay!



$8.90 chicken rice and $9.50 fish and chips. Thankfully, the chicken doesn't taste like those normal chicken rice that you could get from coffee shops. The roasted skin was very fragrant and the chicken was very hot, soft and had a unique taste. It's one of the recommendations at Ah Meng Restaurant and I found it worth the try too! As for the fish and chips..... it's a little pricey and sadly it wasn't hot enough when served to us. Bahhhh.... let's move on!



Let me feed you with more animal pictures after lunch time. This was a hungry giant tortoise!



See what I mean? I don't really enjoy seeing so many versions of these freaky looking creatures in the zoo!



And like I mentioned there're many kinds of monkeys....



Pretty spotted mousedeers! Finally a decent cute find after seeing so many gross looking creatures. =P



There're lots of snakes and this was my favourite. Super duper like its slimness + greeness!



White horse prince charming. Not as good looking as the one I saw at Riders Cafe!



Chimpanzee.



I officially declare this mandrill as my favourite find in the zoo. I just fell in love with it and I don't know why too!



Proboscis monkey, omg the nose is gross can?



"The fragile forest" was the best trail in the zoo. I had such close proximity to ring tailed lemurs! No doubt they have fierce faces but I guess they must be harmless since there were so many of them walking about around me... Ahhhh!!! Finally I felt like I was exploring the zoo with some sense of excitement and not zooming in my cam all the time for close up pics. This ring tailed lemur ran so fast that I couldn't touch it at all. Oh well I say only, I don't think I'd dare to touch it :x



A very old looking lion. I was hoping I could watch it move about but it actually stayed in that position for so long that I gave up waiting...



And I moved on to look at giraffes.



Such a cutie walking!



Cheetah! It must be saying STOP snapping my pic. Ahahahahahaa.



Orang Utan!



Some kind of bear looking innocent. Tsk.

Ok, I'm done with my long entry of "The Best of Singapore Zoo". I hope you all had a good virtual trip here with me! :D

XOXO

No comments: