Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Plain, Arbite, Relish, Udders

The Plain @ 50 Craig Road. 7.30 am to 7.30 pm!

One of those hidden shophouses. I guess it caters affordable food for residents living around tanjong pagar area. The menu style is similar to Wild Honey where we read the items off a printed menu that's displayed on a big board and leaned against the wall.

Boy's half dean's breakfast $6 NETT. I think it's cheese and mushrooms. A little salty! Btw, he bought this hoping he could get into Dean's List after eating it. Lol! 2.5/5

My half darling eggs $6.50 NETT. Just egg, ham, cheese, tomato. Too normal... no unique taste. Its name is cute tho! 3/5

The Plain played loud music early in the morning...... too vibrant and noisy for me. Not a place to go if you're looking for some peace in the morning!

Obviously we weren't full from our half breakfast so we left for a second brunch @ Arbite @ 66A Serangoon Garden Way.

I prefer menus with pictures but this was good enough because the descriptions were short and concise. Luckily it's not those overly chim words where half the time I'd be figuring out what's the food ah? =D

We ordered the tri pepper spaghettini with soft shell crab to share. It's an awesome plate of unique and springy noodles texture coupled with a cute crab. The crab was oily though. The overall taste was flavourful with good spices. Very refreshing bites! 4/5

One good/bad thing is that Arbite's interior is quite small. It looks like it could only hold a maximum of 40 people. We saw that most tables were reserved. Lucky us that we managed to grab a seat without reservations! ^^

Oh! My fav part of Arbite is the lego deco on the walls as we climbed the stairs up to the shop. Creative!

We then left for Relish @ 1 Maju Ave, #02-07/09 myVillage at Serangoon Garden for some bites to share. I don't know why we ended up ordering the chicken wings which were so not worth it =( Fail please.

I think the original Wild Rocket atmosphere is x1000 more romantic and classy.

$9.50. Super bo hua! The mushroom alike sauce tasted very weird and salty while the chilli sauce tasted like chicken rice chilli. Both sauces were so bad..... even the wings were too oily and had a bad chicken smell. KFC is better.

At last, we chilled for a while at Udders @ 1 Maju Avenue, #01-11 myVillage @ Serangoon Garden for ice creams.

My mao shan wang durian ice cream $5.30. Extremely strong durian taste. Slurps! 4.5/5! I did some grafitti too.... Hopefully my scribbles would still be there on my next visit.

I got a surprise gift today too. Boy painted a hello kitty for me. I know his art is not anywhere close to a masterpiece but the gesture of such a good try is just sweet. Thank you!

No comments: