Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hard Rock Cafe, Ramen Play, Mel's Drive-in - USS!

Remember the STAR Concert? Today's the STAR free entry night party in Universal Studios Singapore (USS) from 7.30pm to 11pm!

It's my very first trip to USS and I would say yes, I'll be back again because I haven't enjoyed all the rides and attractions! The time was just too short to visit every possible attraction, especially with the crowd and waiting time. I think to fully enjoy everything in USS, it's necessary to spread out all the fun in minimum two days. Imagine how tiring it would be to cramp everything into a day without rest! Madness.



We were early (3pm++) and stoned at Hard Rock Cafe for a while. I like the dark yet spacious setting. Good place to chill! I tried their strawberry cheesecake which came in a cup. It's too cheesy. The cake was too little. Boo. Just not to my liking. A whopping $8!

We walked around aimlessly and finally did something brave. Ta dah. We took a picture with a real snake for $5. Cool experience! The snake was very smooth to touch. Contrary to my belief, it's neither that slimy nor that scary. Really! This was probably one of the best memories for today. Haha.

We then left for our dinner at RamenPlay.



Highly recommended! Extremely rich and hot soup. One of my favourites. It really tasted as good as it claimed. 4.5/5!

Being kiasu Singaporeans, we just started queuing with the rest at 6pm++. Actually, everyone just sat down and waited for the gates to open at 7.30pm and we did likewise. Haha! Thankfully, we were quite in front so we could probably explore more rides within the limited time. Typical, I know.

Check out my newly bought lighted bottle and striking red tee!

First Stop: Sci-Fi City Transformers The Ultimate 3D Battle Ride. It's a thrilling arcade feel ride with bombastic sound effects. The seats would vibrate and at certain parts you could really feel the woooooooohooooooo thrill like you were really inside the battle. Cool huh technology?! What a good start for my very first ride at the USS. WoW! 4/5

Second Stop: Madagascar Crate's Adventure. A slow river boat ride, just nice for us to 'rest' after a thrilling transformers ride. See the cute mouse? It would spray bits of water on you as your boat passes by. So naughty! 3.5/5

We skipped the carousel because we both didn't like the go round and round feel.



Third Stop: Far Far Away Donkey 'LIVE' show. This was quite disappointing. It's just sitting down and watching a donkey 'perform' on screen. I was hoping for a donkey skit with some entertainers but it's purely viewing the donkey from the screen :( We had a pretty lady host who managed to create slight interactions with the audience to 'speak' with Donkey though. 2/5

Fourth Stop: Far Far Away Enchanted Airways junior roller coaster. This was a high speed ride with extreme sudden turnings. The wind felt real good. I was shocked by the short duration. Maybe the effect they wanted to create was a fast and short thrill, which indeed it felt that way to me. Sudden excitment + sudden end. 3.5/5

Fifth Stop: Far Far Away Shrek 4-D Adventure. One word: Fun! It's like watching a 4D movie. You could see, hear and totally literally FEEL the action from your seat. At one part, an animal in the movie went "Ahhhhhh choooooooo!" There you have all the water spraying right in your face. Good surprise to me. Hehe. At another part, you could feel hairy "spiders" hitting on your legs too. You could feel other actions right from your seats too. Very entertaining! 4.5/5

Sixth Stop: New York Seasame Street's Street Show. Beautiful characters, lightings and music! Light-hearted street entertainment. 3/5

Seventh Stop: Hollywood Monster Rock. It's a rock-n-roll live performance by Universal Classic Monsters. You're like an audience in a very happening club. The well dressed performers danced and entertained the audience with familiar songs (Nobody, Low, Right Round, etc) I especially like the mini fireworks alike thingy and those bomb max sounds. Extremely loud but cool. 3.5/5

Eighth Stop: Hollywood Mel's Dinettes Street Entertainment. These three ladies are the mel's drive-in waitresses who shake, rattle and roll. Nothing much. Their costumes were cute. 2/5

We snacked on some fries ($4) from Mel's Drive-In before heading home. The fries were very potato-ish and fat. Just the way I like it. Heh.

Really, it's not enough time to enjoy EVERYTHING. I will be back for The Lost World, Ancient Egypt, New York and some bits here and there that I haven't tried. USS is indeed a very fun theme park attraction! You gotta have lots of energy to play to the maximum though. I will be back, I will be back, I will be back!

No comments: